Our office will be closed on Monday, May 27th for Memorial Day.

Rice Law Firm Logo


Divorce Without Court

When your marriage is in trouble, the first thing to do is consult a marriage counselor or individual therapist. Engage in a few sessions to see if you can get strategies to resolve the issues between you. Many times, unhappy marriages are a symptom of deeper underlying patterns and a divorce may not be the answer. Try counseling even if your spouse is not interested. Do it for yourself. It is money and time well-spent, whether the marriage can be saved or not.

After trying, to If you conclude the marriage is over, you need to contact a lawyer. Divorce in Florida can be complex territory. Whether you have children or a home or property to divide or not, relieve yourself of the burden of learning legal procedures and hire an experienced attorney. Your lawyer can offer various options to avoid going to court. In Volusia County, you will have to appear in court if you are not represented by a lawyer. If you do have a lawyer, you may not have to appear in court at all.

Here at the Rice Law Firm, we can assist with various options including uncontested packages, negotiated settlements and collaborative divorce. If you need us to fight in court, we can do that too. Often though, we can resolve your problem in a peaceful manner. Please give us a call to schedule a consultation. One of our experienced divorce lawyers will explain the process and your options. You will feel much better once you know what the law and what your options are. Call today 386 257-1222.