Diligent, results-driven, and solution-minded, Ray is singularly dedicated to guiding his clients to achieve their desired real estate and business goals. With almost thirty years’ legal experience in real estate and business and over twelve years Florida Bar Board Certified Real Estate attorney, Ray brings a rare measure of experience, knowledge and practicality to his practice in “making it happen” for his clients.
Originally from New Orleans, Louisiana, Ray relocated to Southwest Florida in 1991. In 2011 he and his family moved to Central Florida.
Ray concentrates his practice on commercial and complex real estate and business transactions. His status as a Florida Bar Board Certified Real Estate Attorney places him in a category achieved by less than ½ of 1% of all currently licensed Florida Attorneys. With his comprehensive and extensive real estate and business expertise, he focuses primarily on matters involving real estate and business transactions, acquisition, development, strategies and planning. Ray has significant experience in commercial real estate financing, mortgages, loan restructuring and workouts by representing numerous lending institutions and private entities; he utilizes his facilitation mind-set in negotiating, closing and enforcing commercial contracts, leases and property management agreements for brokers and investor/owners, and providing title issuance, rectification and defect resolution advice, guidance and services for all those involved in the transactions. Ray is well known for his unique solution-minded approach while keeping the “end goal” in mind to achieve the desired results.
Ray’s clients include banking and private lending institutions and entities, investment funds and entities, private real estate investment groups, commercial and industrial developers and builders, contractors, engineers, architects, land surveyors, home builders, various construction trades (including plumbers, electricians, roofing, drywall, pool and sprinkler, sanitation and sewer and landscaping), dock building and marine construction companies, publishing companies, real estate brokerage firms and individuals, title insurance agencies and mortgage brokerages.
When Ray is not assisting his clients in real estate and business matters or strategic planning, he enjoys spending time with his wife Tracy and their three children – Kyle (29), Kirsty (27) and Evie (11). Kirsty has Cerebral Palsy (from birth) and is mentally and physically disabled and provides a whole new level of appreciation for life lead by others. Tracy has her own jewelry and sea-art business, inspired by her creativity and their time living on the coast and travels to the Caribbean. She’s also very big into animal rescue, leading to a number of pets.
Ray is an advanced certified scuba diver and enjoys traveling, cajun cooking, dining with friends, beaches, swimming, boating, college and pro football, theater, sunsets, and experiencing new activities and events.
Ray was a featured speaker in February at Elevate Daytona Beach who presented how "Rapport Opens The Door" to making connections. Click here or on image to view video.
• Board Certified in Real Estate Law by The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization
• The Florida Bar, Orange County Bar Association, Louisiana State Bar Association,
Volusia County Bar Association
• Orange County Bar Association's Real Property Committee, Chairman
• Central Florida Real Estate Council, President
• Florida Realtors® Local Counsel Forum, Chairman
• CREW of Orlando, Board Member
• Lee County Local Planning Agency, Board Member
• Bonita-Estero Association of Realtors, Past Board Counsel
• City of Bonita Springs Charter Review Committee, Board Member
• Bonita Springs Chamber of Commerce,Board Member
• SW Florida Small Business Referral Network - Board Member
• Bonita Springs Chamber of Commerce, Small Business of the Year (2007)
• SBA Small Business Development Center- Florida, Volunteer of the Year (2002)
• Leadership Lee County graduate
• Leadership Bonita graduate
• Bonita Springs Rotary - Paul Harris Fellow
• 1988, J.D., Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center
• 1984, B.S.B.A., Louisiana Tech University
• Entrepreneur's Law School, Founder
• Guys Night Out for Charity, Founder
• National Association Charities, Past Board CounselBoard Counsel
• Kids Achieve Charity, Board Counsel and Board Member
• Fast Trac Coalition, Board Counsel and Board Member
• Professionals Organized for Leadership and Opportunity, Board Member
• Cape Coral Housing Development Corporation, Vice President and Board Member
• Approved Presenter/Lecturer for the Florida Bar – Real Estate and Business topics
• Regular lecturer for the SBDC and SBA
• Lectures and presentations on numerous topics for real estate, construction and business organizations, lending institutions and non-profit groups and societies